Sunday, May 1, 2011

Spring Has Sprung

Finally, it's here.
Yeah, I know what you're saying.
"Whatever, Ken".
Rightfully said.  All it's been is snow in liquid form, as a couple of my colleagues have alluded to.
Whatever.
Yes, I promised to touch on this a couple weeks ago.  However, I'll thank you to forgive me for that, as we were still 'iffy' about the weather situation.
I now believe it can't be any safer to say we've left Old Man Winter in the dust for another year. 
Yeah, I'm optimistic.
What-EVER!
Spring has also borne the honey-do list at my house.  However, it's been somewhat modified due to the high volume of rain we've been receiving.
Case in point...my brother repaired a leak we discovered in the rusty wheel of my tractor's tire.  As I went out to test it, I discovered I had to keep the tractor moving in order to keep it from sinking into the rain-saturated ground, splashing mud all over the chassis and mower deck. 
Yesterday marked the first day we've had thus far that's afforded enough time for the ground to absorb the rain.  With this, I was able to go out and do my first 'cutting' of the season before it got tall enough for a mama bunny to nest her babies and it being too late for me to react when I came at them with my mower.
Yeah, I killed Thumper and his siblings.  Bad Ken.
Nonetheless, spring is here.
And it ultimately gives way to summer.
But as I stated earlier, the honey-do list hasn't been eliminated because of the weather.  Simply modified.
Margie and I are in a race against time to finish our one bathroom, as this week will mark a rare visit by her 84-year-old maternal grandmother from Tampa.  It will also be her first visit to our new home. 
This is not an easy task in a full-time two-paycheck household with a 21-month-old child. 
Here's how you do it...after you put the kid to bed, use your 'alone time' to finish one piece at a time.  Then get up early before the kid does, and get more done.  Use personal days or vacation time if necessary.
Let's face it, if you have to be sleep-deprived, you might as well be productive about it.


NEXT WEEK:  Nanny's Visit

No comments:

Post a Comment